English writing and editing
Are you writing a white paper? A research proposal? The final report for a mega project? Find out how my English writing and editing services can help you produce a better document and in less time.
Because I’ll work with you to ensure your document is correct, clear and concise. And the writing style and tone of voice is right for your audience.
What’s more, we’ll work together to meet your deadline. No matter how tight deadline is. And together we’ll produce the very best result we can in the time available.
Here’s how I can help you in writing and editing technical and business documents.
Some managers, engineers and scientists enjoy writing and they do it well.
If that’s not you, then let me help you. For instance, I can write:
- the management summary for your report
- an article for a trade journal
- an article for the in-house magazine
- your customer newsletter
- content for the company website
- press releases.
Perhaps, you need to produce brochure or a blog that has to entice readers to take action.
Maybe, to buy your products or your services. To attend your conference. Or simply to read your blog.
This type of writing requires copywriting skills. I can help you here to write:
- product brochures
- company newsletters
If can do for copywriting for you.
Getting the best results
When you hire me to write or to edit for you, here are the steps for getting a great result, quickly and efficiently:
- We start with a detailed briefing. This is about your target audience, your writing purpose, and what you want your audience to know.
- The next step is to collect information. This usually involves interviews with key persons, and review of documents and other info sources.
- With this information, I’ll write the article for you.
- You review the article I’ve written. And I’ll refine it.
- In the final step, I’ll polish the article ready for publication.
English editing services
You’ll find many different words are used to describe editing. Copy editing. Proofreading. Style editing. Substantive editing. To mention a few of the more commonly used terms. Each term has a different focus.
So, it’s not surprising many writers are not quite sure how an editor can help them.
In a nutshell, your editor is your second pair of eyes in writing and preparing a document for publication.
As your editor, I work closely with you and your team.
The first step is to decide together what improvements need to be made to your document in the time available.
Here is how I can help you to make your document ready for publication.
1. Copy editing, proof reading or language editing
What ever you call it – copy editing, proof reading or language editing – this type of editing checks and fixs errors in:
- units of measurements
- other writing conventions.
2. Style editing or readability editing
In many cases, I can improve the readability of your document. The aim is to ensure your ideas and information are clear, concise and coherent for your readers. The editing may involve:
- removing redundant words
- suggesting more appropriate words
- shortening and rearranging sentences
- reorganising paragraphs.
3. Structural editing or substantive editing
Perhaps, your document may need some structural or substantive editing to develop a more coherent sequence of information and ideas.
Structural editing aims at easier reading, and can greatly increase your document’s impact. Editing may involve:
- Changing the order of sentences in paragraphs;
- Reshuffle paragraphs into more logical sequence;
- Remove repetition.
4. Content editing
You’re the writer and you decide the document content.
As your editor, I’ll help you check for inaccuracies and omissions.
Perhaps, a date is incorrect. A geographical location is not right. Or there’s an inconsistency in the tables and figures.
English writing and editing
Are you preparing a key document in English? Would you like help in writing and editing? Then, please get in touch, maybe a can help you: Helen West email@example.com